Krasnodar is an administrative center of Krasnodar region. Krasnodar is on the right bank of Kuban River, 1350 kilometers away from Moscow to the south. It is in 100 km away from the Black Sea and in 120 km away from Azov.
The city subdivided into four districts: Tsentralny, Zapadny, Karasunsky and Prikubansky.
Such branches of industry as metal working, instrument engineering, building materials, consumer industry and food processing are developed here. More than 130 enterprises function in Krasnodar.
Streets belonging to historical part of Krasnodar keep spirit of the pre-revolutionary age. The Alexander Arch was constructed in Krasnaya Street in 2008, instead of one destroyed in 1928. Its predecessor was built in 1888 on the occasion of arrival of Emperor Alexander the Third. The new twelve-meter arch had been restored according to its photos. The square is played out not far from the Arch.
There is Svyato-Ilyinsky church in Oktyabrskaya Street, which will be also of great interest for tourists. It was built in 1907 in acknowledgement of cholera epidemic wonderfully was finished in Yekaterinodar (the former name of Krasnodar). A bell tower was constructed near the temple in 1912. The architectural complex is sustained in pseudo-Russian style. The church was closed in 1931 and it became the sports equipment warehouse. In the late eighties of the 20th century the church was again returned to the religious. Restoration of the temple had been carried out then.
Krasnodar state historical and archaeological reserve museum named after E. Felitsin is located in Gimnazicheskaya Street. It was opened in 1909. Visitors can admire rich archaeological and ethnographic collections. There are about 400 000 pieces in the museum. Building of the museum is of great interest by itself. This is the mansion of merchant Bogarsukov, which is an architectural monument of the 19th century.
Some new streets and buildings of Krasnodar can also kindle tourists’ interest. For example, mesh water tower constructed in 1930 and designed by engineer V. Shukhov is located in Rashpilevskaya Street. The water tower is very original modern sight. This is hyperboloid construction made out of steel with a spiral stairs in the middle.
The “singing” fountain was started in the fall of 2011 near the building of city administration. This fountain is one of the largest in Russia, it takes 1 000 square meters. The fountain creates about 400 visual effects; water spouts rise up to 25 meters.
One more place of citizens’ and city visitors’ interest is located in Krasnaya Street. This is a monument to Empress Catherine the Great. It was erected in 2006 instead of the predecessor demolished in 1920. Catherine II is dressed in an imperial cloak, with a scepter and the power in her hands.